Post: Teacher of Geography
Base: Kenton School, Drayton Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE3 3RU
Salary: M/UPR: £30,000 to £46,525 pa,
Status: Permanent, Full Time
Closing Date: 9am on 29 November 2023
At Kenton we are passionate about providing the very best education possible for young people in our city, our region and nationally and our strong and committed team share our vision of ensuring all our students not only reach their potential but that they are confident, happy and resilient students who treat each other with compassion and respect.
In Geography, we aspire to deliver outstanding lessons, which encourage students to look beyond their local area to the wider world. Through engaging and challenging lessons, we aim for students to academically flourish and achieve outstanding qualifications. We encourage students to pursue Geography in further education and enable them to develop a rich repertoire of skills that they can apply to other subjects and in other aspects of their lives.
We are seeking a talented and inspiring Geography specialist to join our team. As a member of the department, you will be teaching Geography to Key Stage 3 and 4 with the potential for Key Stage 5 in the future. There will also be the requirement of teaching KS3 History.
If you are the person we are looking for you will possess a broad base of subject knowledge, a proven track record of effectiveness and impact as a classroom teacher, and strong analytical skills with the ability to use data effectively to track progress and raise achievement.
In return we offer:
- Access to fantastic ECT support for early careers teachers/professional development for those who have already passed statutory induction
- Access to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- Salary sacrifice schemes such as cycle to work scheme
- Access to on site gym facilities at our Kenton School site
- Career progression and development opportunities
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Fantastically resourced schools, both with easy commuting access to both the A1 and A19 and free on-site parking.
How to Apply
Please complete download an application form below and return to [email protected]
Closing date: 9am 29 November 2023
Northern Leaders Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in all our schools and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are fully committed to ensuring that consistent effective safeguarding procedures are in place to support families, children and staff at school.